Saturday, February 21, 2009

Jake and Josh Swimming!

Jake couldn't wait any longer and so, here we are in the pool. I signed the boys up for lessons at the Dads Club (it is just the same as when I was there - 15 years ago!) to get back into the swing of things for summer.

Jake begged me to sign him up last fall, but with the hurricane and a new baby, it just never happened. So, my compromise was to let him start early this spring. Josh wanted no part of swim lessons, but I knew I couldn't very well expect him to sit quietly on deck while Jake swam, so he was enrolled, too. After initially balking, he now loves going, too.

We planned on refreshing our skills with group lessons, but after the first lesson, they told me Jake was over-qualified, so they moved him up a group (to the highest group). After the second session, that teacher also told me he was over-qualified and should be on the swim team at Dads Club. I politely agreed, but since that wasn't really an option with summer league around the corner, could he please keep swimming with this group until this session of group lessons was over, that all he really wanted was to be in the water and swimming laps.

I know what you are thinking, 'what is wrong with this kid? Who in their right mind would want to swim laps all day long.' Ohhhhh, yeah, right, so never mind...

Here is Jake. Sorry the picture is kind of lame, but it is dark in there and the flash doesn't travel far.



Here is Josh learning backstroke.



No comments: