Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More Swimming - Parents this time!

So, last night was the big Rivalry Meet between the two pools whose kids go to Rummel Creek Elementary, Plaza Oaks and Memorial Bend. Last year the parents started a friendly competition - Parent Relays - so we could join in the fun, too.

Our team, Plaza Oaks had 24 parents come out for relays, so we had to have 6 relays split into 2 heats. We had some close races and lots of fun. I have to say we have some pretty darn good swimmers among our parents! Our relays are in lanes 1, 3, and 5 - starting with 1 on the far right.

Just FYI, I am in lane 5 in the First Heat and Third Heat videos swimming breaststroke and then freestyle. Actually you can't miss me since my mom took the video. Guess who she focused on?


First Heat Medley Relay




Second Heat Medley Relay




First Heat Freestyle Relay




Second Heat Freestyle Relay

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Haha you totally kicked butt!!!! That was awesome! :)

GranDeb said...

Sorry for all the lame oomments...not about you - I was very proud and I don't take those back!!....hahaha

I already have a better plan for next year... I'll have Cole, Michelle, or Jane...or maybe Coach Kyle, just give me one of your funnies parents and I'll have them up there with me announcing the swimmers in each lane and doing a running, er, swimming commentary!!!
Consider this a test run....
Y'all DO have some very good swimmers!!

Courtney Squillante said...

Oh man!!!!!! Those were awesome! You still kick butt!!