Sunday, June 14, 2009

We Heart The Beach!

So after taking a trip to the beach with my parents and Courtney last week to see the sand castle building contest, Jake was dying to go back and play again. And so was Josh. Jill had never been and so against my better judgement I decided it should be okay to go.

I was half right. But I forgot the most important thing. What is that you ask, Sunscreen? Towels? Oh, sand toys.

No, the most important thing is that I HATE THE BEACH!!!!!

I didn't really forget so much as just misled myself into believing I didn't hate it as much as I remembered hating it. But then I got there and all the sand within a 100 yard radius jumped onto my skin at the same time and I remembered why I never take my kids to the beach!!!

But, in case that wasn't enough, we went with our neighbors to a beach with no potties and no showers. So when our fabulous fun in the sun was over, we rode home for 1 1/2 hours covered in sand! Yay! I only thought my day was perfect before!

Needless to say, we survived, but mom is not doing that again. Next time we are at Stewart Beach and taking aunties and Grandeb for that miserable sitting in the sand stuff. They can ride home with sand in their suit bottoms. Oh, but they won't have to, there are showers there!





Jill, delighted to be in the water. It was a very windy day, but that kept the oppressive heat away! It was actually a nice day. I am serious on that one.



Jill grabbing sand and waiting anxiously for her next wave.



Josh shows Jake his find, while Jill plays in the water.


Jake hard at work on his project.

Josh and our neighbor Jack chill in the water.


The boys finally get to fly their kites. They have only been waiting a year to get them out.

And here they are... a dragon and the Red Baron.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Do we need to go back to OT and make weird sand and glue sculptures? I love the beach but my parents live a block away so showers are available immediately.

GranDeb said...

Oh poor Jenn.....I DO remember how much you didn't like the beach....(the hate word is on our 'bad word list' so I can't use that one) But no worries.....you are a super mom in every way....leave the sand and sea to us the rest of us!!!
p.s. Looking at the pics you posted, the kids are having a blast!!!
Aloha! See you soon!

Michelle said...

I'm excited for you peeps to come to my beach! That way, I can do all the sandy stuff with the kids and you can just sit in a chair and relax. And then, what little sand you did get on you, you can rinse off at my apt a block from the beach!! Woohoo!