Monday, July 6, 2009

Jake's 8th Birthday!

I can't believe how time flies! This past weekend was Jake's 8th birthday! Yes, I said 8th! How can that be?????

Anyway, we had a small family deal on Sunday, his actual birthdate, and then we took some friends to Splashtown on the 6th to celebrate. I will post those pics when I get them back from the actual photo developer! Ha!



Josh and Owen get in on the present opening by handing Jake gifts.



Jake shows off his Rocket Shot fishing rod.



And his model helicopter, an Apache just like his cousin Mark is flying in Afghanistan right now. Thanks Auntie Karen, Uncle Steve and Kelli!



Courtney and Jill enjoy all the activity.



Jake can't stop playing his new DSi long enough to sing Happy Birthday. Actually he was taking a picture of the cake!


Pausing to blow out candles!




1/3 of the party, me, Jill, Meemaw, PawPaw and Jake taking our picture.




Owen, Courtney, me, Jill, Justin.



Jake, Anthony, Kiki, Josh and Grandeb.

4 comments:

Erica said...

WOW! Happy birthday Jake! Jen you're next. I cannot believe you have an 8 year old kid. Can we pretend he's 5? Also, that may be Kiki in the last pic...

GranDeb said...

What a fun couple of days we have had! I still can't believe my sweet angel is 8 years old!
I love you, Jake Honey!!!

Michelle said...

I still can't believe Jake's 8!!!! I'm sad I missed the parties :( but we'll have another party for Jake when you guys get here!!! Haha, You're coming soooo soon! Yea!!!

Jennifer said...

Right on, Erica! You should be the oldest sister since you know them better than I do!