Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oh no, here we go!

I knew this day would come, but I still was not ready. A few days ago my beloved daughter Jill began doing some strange things. I would turn my back for a minute and when I turned back around she was shifted over about 8 feet. It kept happening, but I chalked it up to wiggling. And then it finally happened, with determination and intent she crawled across the room!

Now, it appears that with the onset of intentional crawling have come myriad other new skills, specifically the Lego eating skill, the cord chewing skill and the dumping out everything in sight skill. I did not witness their practice or perfection, it seems they just appeared at the same time she became mobile.

But seriously, it is super cute and she is so happy now that she can get stuff for herself. Here are a few pics of her new skills.


Jill crawling. You may be able to see her left leg in the background with knee up.



Jill raiding the Lego bin. That is actually not fair, observation of the process shows her to be quite discerning about what she pulls out. Guess what is going up on that shelf in a few minutes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer - you are obviously such a great mom... and your writing is very enjoyable reading! It is fun to see your kids as they grow. Now that all three of them are mobile you will be even busier! Next time I'm in Houston I hope to get around to see everyone!

Aunt Lynn