Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Trip To Connecticut! - Part 1

We just got home from an extended Labor Day trip to visit our family in Connecticut. It was so nice to get away from the hot weather and enjoy temps in the 70's for a change! We even wore jeans and sweatshirts sometimes! Not in Houston the first week of September!

We had tons of fun seeing family and doing neat things that we don't get to do in Houston. I am going to try to include as much as I can, but since I am a lame-O whose camera batteries were never lasting long, coverage was spotty! Plus I tried to take video too, but since I can only do one at a time (shame on me!) we have pics of some stuff and video of others.



We flew into New York City and I took this pic of the skyline as we were driving across a bridge going to Connecticut. I just liked it!




One of our first fun activities was picking apples at the orchard. The kids will tell you it was lame, but they had a good time. Plus there is not much opportunity to do this where we live so we had to take advantage! (p.s. Can you believe we are all looking at the camera and smiling!!!! This might be the highlight of my trip!)



Judy and Poppy make the long walk to the back of the orchard to pick with us.




Jake picked high.




Josh picked low.




Jake lets Jill see what all the fuss is about.




Jill gets a ride on dad's shoulders.



The store at Blue Jay Orchards in Bethel, CT.



All done!

2 comments:

GranDeb said...

What a fun apple picking trip!!! I love the apples the boys picked for me! They remembered!!! xoxox

Tim Moriarty said...

Jill is too cute in those jeans and those Shriners are hilarious!