Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Josh's 100th Day of School

So being the perfect and wonderful mother that I am, I completely forgot that Josh had his 100th day of school parade yesterday. 

He had told the several times the week before and we talked about it over the weekend, and his teacher even sent emails home!  Thankfully it wasn't until Tuesday, so when I remembered at 5 am Monday morning, (no I didn't go back to sleep after that) I panicked!

I spent Monday morning before a summer league swim team meeting (yes already!) trolling the aisles of Michael's begging something to jump off the shelf at me so I could glue it onto a shirt.

I had considered pennies (since he LOVES money), but wisely changed my mind when I realized 100 pennies can make a shirt pretty heavy if you are 5 (almost 6).  I thought about stickers, okay, or those fuzzy balls, so-so, but then I finally found it, google eyes.  What 5 year old doesn't love google eyes, especially 100 stuck all over his shirt and moving and making noise?  I brought it home and Josh loved the idea.  He was so pumped to have his google eye shirt to wear to the parade.

Score one "save" for the forgetful mom!




3 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

I think the funniest part of this was going up to him and he would say, "Want me to shake my eyes for you?" Then he would proceed to dance and wiggle- hysterical!

Erica said...

This reminds me of those creepy clowns we made in OT with the googly-eyes. Your parents had yours up on the mantle forever! I think I threw mine away.

GranDeb said...

hahaha

Gotta love those goggly eye things!!!

---